Blockchain as a Service
In recent years, blockchain technology has been attracting intensive attention from both the industries and academia because of its capability of rebuilding trust in trustless environments. There are increasing demands for developing and delivering blockchain application and services in an agile and continuous way. To this end, Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) emerges which refers to cloud-based blockchain infrastructure developed by a vendor allowing users to develop, host, and use their own blockchain components, functions, and applications. There are many BaaS platforms developed by industries and academia, e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Hyperledger Fabric. However, they are either limited in scalability or difficult for configuration and customization. We propose and develop PolyChain, a generic BaaS platform with high modularity, flexibility, scalability, reliability, and security, which are achieved with the following three design principles. First, each blockchain node is designed as four modularized components, e.g., network, storage, consensus, and application, based on the functionalities. Second, the components in a logic blockchain node interact via communication interfaces and can be deployed on different physical nodes. Finally, the component deployment is optimized based on the capabilities of the physical nodes. We believe PolyChain may benefit the industries and academia in agile development and continuous delivery of blockchain prototypes and applications.
- Hanqing Wu, Shan Jiang, Jiannong Cao: High-efficiency Blockchain-based Supply Chain Traceability. Manuscript submitted to IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 2021
- Shan Jiang, Jiannong Cao, Juncen Zhu, Yinfeng Cao: PolyChain: a Generic Blockchain as a Service Platform. Accepted by BlockSys 2021
- Shan Jiang, Jiannong Cao, Hanqing Wu, Yanni Yang: Fairness-based Packing of Industrial IoT Data in Permissioned Blockchains. to appear in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics 2021.
- Hanqing Wu, Jiannong Cao, Yanni Yang, Cheung Leong Tung, Shan Jiang, Bin Tang, Yang Liu, Xiaoqing Wang, Yuming Deng: Data Management in Supply Chain Using Blockchain: Challenges and A Case Study. IEEE ICCCN 2019: 1-8
- Shan Jiang, Jiannong Cao, Julie A. McCann, Yanni Yang, Yang Liu, Xiaoqing Wang, Yuming Deng: Privacy-preserving and Efficient Multi-keyword Search Over Encrypted Data on Blockchain. IEEE Blockchain 2019: 405-410
- Yang Liu, Xiaoqing Wang, Yuming Deng, Hanqing Wu, Jiannong Cao, Yanni Yang, Shan Jiang, "跨链交易方法、装置、多区块链系统及计算设备", February 2021. Patent No. CN112348672A
Shan Jiang, Hanqing Wu, Juncen Zhu, and Yinfeng Cao.
Previous members include Cheung Leong Tung, Dr. Bin Tang, Xiuhui Yi, and Tianbin Zhou. Thanks for their contributions.