I am mainly working on algorithmic graph theory and its applications. I'm also interested in theoretical computer science in the broadest sense.
- algorithmic graph theory & graph classes,
- fine-grained complexity and algorithm design,
- combinatorial optimization, and
- their applications in social networks and bioinformatics.
Theory Day 2017
++ Dagstuhl 17041
++ DM'18 (SIAM)
++ Building Bridges II
S2020: COMP6704, Advanced Topics in Optimization.
Grants (PI only)
- Forbidden structures of circular-arc graphs and their algorithmic applications, PolyU, 09/2015--08/2017
- Theoretical analysis of heuristics in big data, NLSDE, 07/2016–07/2018.
- Efficient algorithms for graph modification problems, RGC, 01/2016–12/2018.
- Combinatorial and algorithmic studies on cycles, NSFC, 01/2016–12/2019.
- Graph algorithms based on modular decomposition, RGC, 01/2017–12/2019.
- Super-polynomial approximation of graph problems, RGC, 01/2018–12/2020.
- Feb. 2020, paper "Polynomial kernels for paw-free edge modification problems" accepted by TAMC'20.
- Dec. 2019, paper "Minimum fill-in: Inapproximability and almost tight lower bounds" accepted by Information and Computation.
- Oct. 2019, The Algorithmica Special Issue on Computing and Combinatorics is finally published.
- Sep. 2019, 《计算机科学》计划于2020年出版“理论计算机科学”专栏（正刊），欢迎投稿。
- Aug. 2019, paper "Graph searches and their end vertices" accepted by ISAAC 2019.
- Aug. 2019, Mr. Shenghua Wang joined our group.
- Aug. 2019, visited Institute of Logic and Computation, TU Wien, Vienna, Austria.
- July 2019, visited Institute for Basic Science, Korean.
- June 2019, taught a mini-course "graph algorithms based on modular decomposition" at Lanzhou University.
- Jan. 2019, visited Hangzhou Dianzi University.
- Sep. 2018, visited Sun Yat-sen University.
- Aug. 2018, visited Lanzhou University.
* Hong Kong has no postal code, so put 0000 if you're stubbornly required to.