Song Guo is a Full Professor leading the Research Group of Networking and Mobile Computing at the Department of Computing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He also holds a Changjiang Chair Professorship awarded by the Ministry of Education of China. Prof. Guo is a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering (FCAE), Fellow of the IEEE (FIEEE), and Member of Academia Europaea (MAE). He is the current Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Open Journal of the Computer Society.
Prof. Guo is the founding director of the Edge Intelligence Lab at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PEIL). His research interests are mainly in edge AI, 6G, big data and machine learning, mobile computing, and distributed systems. Prof. Guo's research has been sponsored by RGC, NSFC, ITF, MOST, NRC, JSPS, MIC, JST, industry, etc. He published many papers in top venues with wide impact in these areas and was recognized as a Highly Cited Researcher (Clarivate Web of Science). He is the recipient of the 2020 Best Paper Award for IEEE Transactions on Computers, 2019 IEEE TCBD Best Conference Paper Award, 2018 IEEE TCGCC Best Magazine Paper Award, 2019 & 2017 IEEE Systems Journal Annual Best Paper Award, and other 8 Best Paper Awards from IEEE/ACM conferences. He also received the Faculty Award for Outstanding Achievement in Research and Scholarly Activities twice.
Prof. Guo served for IEEE Communications Society as a Distinguished Lecturer, Member of Board of Governors, Director of Membership Services, and Chair of Technical Committee of Space and Satellite Communications. He has also served for IEEE Computer Society on Fellow Evaluation Committee, Transactions Operations Committee, Steering Committee of IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, Editor-in-Chief Search Committee, etc. Prof. Guo has been named on editorial board of a number of prestigious international journals like IEEE Transactions on Computers, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Computing, ACM Computing Surveys, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, etc. He has also served as chair of organizing and technical committees of numerous international conferences. Prof. Guo is a frequently invited expert for various national and international grant reviews. He is currently on RGC engineering panel.
I am looking for strongly motivated PhD students, Research Assistant and Postdoctoral Fellow to join our research group. Our research interests are as follows:
- Edge AI and Federated Learning
- AI empowered Internet-of-Things
- Edge Computing Driven Ubiquitous Blockchain
- Elected Member of Academia Europaea, 2022
- RGC Areas of Excellence Scheme (AoE), "6G: Wireless Access and Connectivity for an Intelligent and Sustainable World", 2023-2027, Co-PC, 87,304,000 HKD
- RGC General Research Fund (GRF), "Editable Learning with Fast Adaptation over Evolutionary Edges", 2023-2025, PI, 1,145,729 HKD
- The Key-Area Research and Development Program of Guangdong Province on the New Generation of Artificial Intelligence, Grand Project "The development and application of open system of edge computing for human-machine collaboration", 2021-2024, Co-PI, 34,000,000 RMB
- Highly Cited Researcher, Clarivate Web of Science, 2020 & 2021
- A Deep Reinforcement Learning based Offloading Game in Edge Computing, 2020 Best Paper Award for IEEE Transactions on Computers, IEEE Computer Society Publications Board, 2022
- 深圳市科技創新委員會基礎研究重點項目, 雲邊端協同學習架構與關鍵優化理論研究, 2021-2023, PI, 2,500,000 CNY