Dr. Bin Xiao (肖斌) is a full professor in the Department of Computing, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He has been the dept. research committee chair (DRC Chair, 2018 - 2021). He received the B.Sc and M.Sc degrees in the Electronics Engineering from Fudan University, China, and Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from University of Texas at Dallas, USA. After his Ph.D. graduation, he joined the Hong Kong Polytechnic University as an assistant professor. Currently, he is the associate editor of IEEE TCC, IEEE TNSE, IEEE IoTJ, Elsevier JPDC, the vice chair of IEEE ComSoc Communications and Information Security Technical Committee (CISTC), a senior member of the IEEE and a member of the ACM.
Ph.D. Opportunity: In general, we are looking
for good Ph.D.
candidates all year around (fellowship HK$18,100 per month) in the
areas of AI and network security, Data Privacy, and Blockchain
Systems. Please send me your CV and
supporting documents if you have interest.
We also have the
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) and please apply it if you
are from a top university.
Post-Doc Opportunity: We have the HK RGC, PolyU Postdoctoral Fellowship schemes (around HKD30,000/month ) to support aspiring scholars (以及同内地共同培养博士后计划，香港这边资助18个月). If your research area is in the field of AI security, Blockchain, data privacy or network security, please contact me with your CV and publications.
Research Assistant Opportunity: Research assistant positions are vailable for year-4 undergraduate students and graduate students, with salary HKD13,500 - HKD20,000/month in the areas of Blockchain, AI security:
- Welcome submissions to IEEE TNSE special issue - Security and Privacy for AI Models and Applications, Manuscript Submission Deadline: 1 September 2020.
- Congratulations to Dr. Shang Gao who got the RAP offer from the HK Polytechnic Univ., Feb. 2020!
- Congratulations to Dr. PENG Zhe who got the RAP offer from the HK Baptist Univ., Oct. 2019!
- Congratulations to GAO Shang's work in the Mining Attacks to the Blockchain System, which is accepted in the top conference ACM CCS 2019!
- Welcome submissions to IEEE SECON 2018, 11-13 June 2018, Hong Kong. Submission deadline: Dec. 15, 2017.
- Welcome submissions to the AD HOC AND SENSOR NETWORKING SYMPOSIUM of IEEE ICC 2018. Submission deadline: Oct. 15, 2017.
- Congratulations to PENG, Zhe and GAO, Shang for winning the first prize in the COMP Annual Research Day! May 2017.
- Welcome submissions to the Communication & Information Systems Security Symposium of IEEE Globecom 2017. Submission deadline: April 1, 2017.
- A Special Issue on "High Performance and Security in Cloud Computing" is open for submission in Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience (SCI). Please visit the following link for detailed instructions: http://www.cc-pe.net/journalinfo/issues/2016.html#CloudCom-Asia2016. Submission deadline: 1 October 2016.
- Welcome Dr. Yuan Yao to be the PostDoc in our group, June 2016.
- Congratulations to Dr. Xuan Liu, who now is the assistant professor in the College of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering, Hunan University, Changsha China, Aug. 2015.
- Congratulations to Dr. Qingjun Xiao, who now is the assistant professor in the School of Computer Science and Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing China, July 2014.
- A Ph.D. position is available for the MCC lab, with the salary about HKD14,350/month, Feb. 2014.
- The Post-Doc position is filled for the MCC lab, Feb. 2014.
- A Post-Doc position is available for the MCC lab, with the salary about HKD21,000/month. Dec. 2013.
- The Mobile Cloud Computing (MCC) lab is set up. Dr. Xiao is the lab director. Nov. 2013.
- A Ph.D. position
now is open in the mobile cloud computing and smartphone technology areas. Send me email if you are interested in
these areas. A master-degree candidate will be considered first. July 2013.
- Congratulations to Dr. Kai Bu, who will be the assistant professor in the College of Computer Science and Technology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou China, July 2013.
- Congratulations to Dr. Jiaqing Luo, who was recently promoted to associate professor in the School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu China, June 2013.