I'm looking for PhD students, post-docs, research assistants, and visitors. For those who are interested in working with me, please feel free to email me with your CV. Remote collaboration is also welcome!
[NEW] A paper accepted in WWW 2020 (full paper and in research track)! Congrats to Jichuan!
Dr. Jing Li is an Assistant Professor of the Department of Computing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) since 2019. Before joining PolyU, she worked in the Natural Language Processing Center, Tencent AI Lab as a senior researcher from 2017 to 2019. Jing obtained her PhD degree from the Department of Systems Engineering and Engineering Management, The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2017 under supervision of Professor Kam-Fai Wong. Before that, she received her B.S. degree from Department of Machine Intelligence, Peking University in 2013. Jing has broad research interests on natural language processing, social computing, and machine learning. Particularly, she works on novel algorithms for topic modeling, information extraction, discourse analysis, and their applications on social interaction understanding.
- Topic Modeling
- Information Extraction
- Discourse Analysis
- Natural Language Processing for Social Media
- Oct 2019 - Sep 2022: Discourse Parsing for Online Conversations. PolyU Internal Fund as PI.
- Jichuan Zeng, Jing Li, Yulan He, Cuiyun Gao, Michael R. Lyu, and Irwin King.
What Changed Your Mind: The Roles of Dynamic Topics and Discourse in Argumentation Process
WWW 2020 (To appear).
- Ming Liao, Jing Li*, Haisong Zhang, Lingzhi Wang, Xixin Wu, and Kam-Fai Wong.
Coupling Global and Local Context for Unsupervised Aspect Extraction
- Xingshan Zeng, Jing Li, Lu Wang, and Kam-Fai Wong.
Neural Conversation Recommendation with Online Interaction Modeling [Code and Data]
- Yue Wang, Jing Li*, Hou Pong Chan, Irwin King, Michael R. Lyu, and Shuming Shi.
Topic-Aware Neural Keyphrase Generation for Social Media Language
[Code and Data]
- Xingshan Zeng, Jing Li*, Lu Wang, and Kam-Fai Wong.
Joint Effects of Context and User History for Predicting Online Conversation Re-entries
[Code and Data]
- Yue Wang, Jing Li*, Irwin King, Michael R. Lyu, and Shuming Shi.
Microblog Hashtag Generation via Encoding Conversation Contexts
- Jichuan Zeng, Jing Li*, Yulan He, Cuiyun Gao, Michael R. Lyu, and Irwin King
What You Say and How You Say it: Joint Modeling of Topics and Discourse in Microblog Conversations [Code and Data]
TACL 2019 (presented in ACL 2019).
- Jing Li*, Yan Song, Zhongyu Wei, and Kam-Fai Wong
A Joint Model of Conversational Discourse and Latent Topics on Microblogs
CL 2018. (Volume 44, Issue 4)
- Jichuan Zeng, Jing Li*, Yan Song, Cuiyun Gao, Michael R. Lyu, and Irwin King
Topic Memory Networks for Short Text Classification [Code]
- Dingmin Wang, Yan Song, Jing Li, Jialong Han, and Haisong Zhang
A Hybrid Approach to Automatic Corpus Generation for Chinese Spelling Check [Code and Data]
- Xingshan Zeng, Jing Li, Lu Wang, Nicholas Beauchamp, Sarah Schugars, and Kam-Fai Wong
Microblog Conversation Recommendation via Joint Modeling of Topics and Discourse
- Yingyi Zhang, Jing Li, Yan Song, and Chengzhi Zhang
Encoding Conversation Context for Neural Keyphrase Extraction from Microblog Posts
- Jing Li
Microblog Summarization Using Conversation Structures
PhD thesis. 2017
- Jing Li, Ming Liao, Wei Gao, Yulan He, and Kam-Fai Wong
Topic Extraction from Microblog Posts Using Conversation Structures [Data] [Code]
- Jing Li, Wei Gao, Zhongyu Wei, Baolin Peng, and Kam-Fai Wong
Using Content-level Structures for Summarizing Microblog Repost Trees [Data]
* indicates corresponding authors.
Programme Committee Member:
- Visiting PhD at Aston University, Birmingham, UK, Jan - Apr, 2016, Supervisor: Prof. Yulan He (Now in University of Warwick)
- Visiting Scientist at Northeastern University, Boston, USA, Feb - May, 2017, Host: Prof. Lu Wang
- 2020: AAAI and ACL
- 2019: ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, and AAAI
- 2018: ACL and EMNLP (Best reviewer award in EMNLP 2018)
- 2017: EACL and EMNLP
- 2016: EMNLP
- 2015: EMNLP
- Spring 2020: [COMP 1433] Introduction to Data Analytics.
- Autumn 2019: [COMP 6701] Advanced Topics in Computer Algorithms (co-teaching with Dr. Jesper Jansson)
- Autumn 2019: [COMP 4122] Game Design and Development (co-teaching with Dr. Ping Li)
Postgraduate students in PolyU:
Intern students in Tencent:
- Zexin Lu, Mphil student. Oct 2019-now. Focusing on conversation summarization. Co-supervisor: Prof. Qing Li.
- Junfeng Jiang, Master student. Oct 2019-now. Focusing on latent topic modeling.
- Keyang Ding, Master student. Oct 2019-now. Focusing on sentiment analysis.
- Hongliang Sun, Master student. Oct 2019-now. Focusing on representation learning.
- Yingyi Zhang, PhD student from Nanjing University of Science and Technology. Oct 2017 - May 2018. Focusing on keyphrase extraction: NAACL 2018 and JASIST 2019.
- Jichuan Zeng, PhD student from The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Dec 2017 - Aug 2019. Focusing on topic modeling: EMNLP 2018 , TACL 2019, and WWW 2020.
- Yue Wang, PhD student from The Chinese University of Hong Kong. May 2018 - Aug 2019. Focusing on keyphrase generation: NAACL 2019 and ACL 2019.
- Ming Liao, PhD student from The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Oct 2018 - Aug 2019. Focusing on sentiment analysis: EMNLP 2019.
- Lu Ji, Master student from Fudan University. Apr - Aug 2019. Focusing on conversation discourse analysis. Tencent Rhino-Bird Elite Training Program.
- Xiaoxue Liu, Master student from Nanjing University. May - Sep 2018. Focusing on event detection. Now in Tencent as a research engineer.
- Xingshan Zeng, PhD student from The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Focusing on conversation recommendation: NAACL 2018, ACL 2019, and EMNLP 2019.
- Lingzhi Wang, PhD student from The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Focusing on user behavior analysis.
- Luyang Lin, PhD student from The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Focusing on bias analysis.
- Zhiming Mao, PhD student from The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Focusing on multimodal analysis.