I am mainly working on algorithmic graph theory and its applications. I'm also interested in theoretical computer science in the broadest sense.
- algorithmic graph theory & graph classes,
- fine-grained complexity and algorithm design,
- combinatorial optimization, and
- their applications in social networks and bioinformatics.
++ Fine-Grained Complexity
++ DM'16 (SIAM)
Theory Day 2017
++ Dagstuhl 17041
F2017: COMP2011, Data Structures.
F2017: COMP2411, Database System.
Grants (PI only)
- Forbidden structures of circular-arc graphs and their algorithmic applications, PolyU, 09/2015--08/2017
- Theoretical analysis of heuristics in big data, NLSDE, 07/2016–07/2018.
- Efficient algorithms for graph modification problems, RGC, 01/2016–12/2018.
- Combinatorial and algorithmic studies on cycles, NSFC, 01/2016–12/2019.
- Graph algorithms based on modular decomposition, RGC, 01/2017–12/2019.
- Super-polynomial approximation of graph problems, RGC, 01/2018–12/2020.
Next: September ??, 2017: , .
- Oct. 2017, to attend GROW'17.
- Aug. 2017, Dr. R. B. Sandeep visited us from Hungarian Academy of Sciences (MTA SZTAKI).
- Aug. 2017, Dr. Chenchen Wu visited us from Tianjin University of Technology, China.
- Aug. 2017, COCOON 2017.
- July 2017, 参加数学天元基金全国“非线性组合优化”研究生暑期学校暨学术前沿研讨会并作前沿讲座。
- June 2017, visited Guangzhou University and Central South University.
- May 2017, attended 第十一届全国数学规划学术会议, Guilin, China.
- May 2017, attended AAAC 2017.
- Apr. 2017, attended the Algorithms and Complexity workshop 2017, Beijing, China.
- Apr. 2017, Sophomore Chaoran Zhang joined our group.
- Mar. 2017, Sophomore Zhongxu Li joined our group.
- Feb. 2017, Sophomores Ying Jiao, Ziyi Wen, and Yufei Zheng joined our group.
Feb. 2017, my first Hong Kong (half) marathon.
- Jan. 2017, attended SODA'17 in Barcelona, Spain, and Dagstuhl seminar 17041 in Dagstuhl, Gernany.
- Jan. 2017, Dr. Bingkai Lin visited us from National Institute of Informatics, Japan.
- Jan. 2017, Hong Kong Theory Day 2017.
- Jan. 2017, Prof. Xiaoming Sun visited us from Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- Jan. 2017, Prof. Pavol Hell visited us from Simon Fraser University.
- Jan. 2017, Prof. Saket Saraubh visited us from University of Bergen.
- Jan. 2017, Dr. Radu Curticapean visited us from University of California, Berkeley.
- Dec. 2016, paper "Unit interval editing is fixed-parameter tractable" was accepted by journal Information and Computation.
- Nov. 14, 2016, My second child was born.
- Nov. 2016, paper "Approximate Association via Dissociation" was accepted by journal Discrete Applied Mathematics.
- Oct.–Nov. 2016, Dr. Min Chih Lin and Dr. Francisco Soulignac visited us from University of Buenos Aires.
- Oct. 2016, paper "Deeper Local Search for Parameterized and Approximation Algorithms for Maximum Internal Spanning Tree" was accepted by journal Information and Computation.
- Oct. 2016, visited Fudan University and Shanghai University of Finance and Economics.
- Oct. 2016, Mr. Ashutosh Rai joined us as a research associate.
- Oct. 2016, Mr. Nanqing Huang joined us as a research assistant.
- Oct. 2016, paper "Minimum fill-in: Inapproximability and almost tight lower bounds" was accepted by SODA'17.
- Aug. 2016, delivered a talk at Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- Aug. 2016, Prof. Jianer Chen visited us from Texas A&M University.
- Aug. 2016, attended COCOON'16, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- July–Aug. 2016, Mr. Jisu Jeong visited us from Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology.
- July–Aug. 2016, Prof. Qilong Feng visited us from Central South University.
- July 2016, Dr. Junjie Ye joined our group as a postdoc.
- July 2016, Prof. Jing Huang visited us from University of Victoria.
- June–July 2016, Dr. Yangjing Long visited us from Shanghai Jiaotong University.
- June 2016, Jie You presented our paper at WG'16, İstanbul, Turkey.
- June 2016, Prof. Ryuhei Uehara visited us from Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology.
- June 2016, delivered a talk at SIAM Conference on Discrete Mathematics, Atlanta, Georgia.
- May 2016, visited Nanjing Normal University.
- May 2016, Prof. Yota Otachi visited us from Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology.
- Apr. 2016, paper "Approximate association via dissociation" was accepted by WG'16.
- Apr. 2016, delivered talks at Beijing University of Technology and Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- Mar. 2016, attended Hong Kong Postgraduate Education Expo, Wuhan, China.
- Feb. 2016, delivered a talk at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
- Feb. 2016, took a four-day break, the longest in four years. Happy new year!
- Jan.–Apr. 2016, Dr. R. B. Sandeep visited us from IIT, India.
- Jan.–Feb. 2016, Dr. Chenchen WU is visiting us from Tianjin University of Technology, China.
- Jan. 2016, Prof. Xiaoming SUN visited us from Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing.
- Jan. 2016, attended SODA'16 and visited Georgia State University.
- Jan. 2016, delivered a talk at Central South University, Changsha, China.
- Dec. 2015, visited Beihang University and Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- Nov. 2015, Yuping Ke joined our group as a research assistant.
- Sep. 2015, Shaohua Li and Jie You joined our group as research assistants.
- Sep. 2015, paper "Linear recognition of almost interval graphs" was accepted by SODA'16.
- Aug. 2015, paper "Forbidden induced subgraphs of normal Helly circular-arc graphs" was accepted by DAM.
- July-August 2015, Bingkai Lin visited us from Kyoto, Japan.
- July 2015, attended ICALP'15, Kyoto, Japan.
- June 2015, Prof. Michael Fellows and Prof. Fran Rosamond visited us.
- May 2015, paper "Chordal editing is fixed-parameter tractable" was accepted by Algorithmica.
- Apr. 2015, delivered an invited talk at Shandong University, Jinan, China.
- Apr. 2015, paper "Unit interval editing is fixed-parameter tractable" was accepted by ICALP'15.
- Apr. 2015, paper "A 2k-vertex kernel for maximum internal spanning tree" was accepted by WADS'15.
- Feb. 2015, delivered an invited talk at ELC Workshop on Parameterized Algorithms, Chofu, Japan.
* Hong Kong has no postal code, so put 0000 if you're stubbornly required to.