Dr. Bin Xiao is an associate professor in the Department of Computing in the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. After his graduation from the HuangGang Middle School, he was recommended for admission to Fudan University without the entrance examination due to his excellent performance in the mathematics and physics Olympic contest. He received the B.Sc and M.Sc degrees in Electronics Engineering from Fudan University, China, and Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from University of Texas at Dallas, USA. After his Ph.D. graduation, he joined the Hong Kong Polytechnic University as an assistant professor. Currently, he is the associate editor of Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC), a senior member of the IEEE and a member of the ACM.
Ph.D. Opportunity: In general, we are looking
for good Ph.D.
candidates (fellowship HK$15,000 per month) in the
areas of network security, SDN and mobile cloud computing. Please send me your CV and
publications if you have interest. (Application deadline:
Mar. 4, 2016)
Post-Doc Opportunity: If you are looking for a Post-Doc position in the areas of network security, mobile cloud computing and SDN, please send me your CV and publications.
- Congratulations to Dr. Xuan Liu, who now is the assistant professor in the College of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering, Hunan University, Changsha China, Aug. 2015.
- Congratulations to Dr. Qingjun Xiao, who now is the assistant professor in the School of Computer Science and Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing China, July 2014.
- A Ph.D. position is available for the MCC lab, with the salary about HKD14,350/month, Feb. 2014.
- The Post-Doc position is filled for the MCC lab, Feb. 2014.
- A Post-Doc position is available for the MCC lab, with the salary about HKD21,000/month. Dec. 2013.
- The Mobile Cloud Computing (MCC) lab is set up. Dr. Xiao is the lab director. Nov. 2013.
- A Ph.D. position
now is open in the mobile cloud computing and smartphone technology areas. Send me email if you are interested in
these areas. A master-degree candidate will be considered first. July 2013.
- Congratulations to Dr. Kai Bu, who will be the assistant professor in the College of Computer Science and Technology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou China, July 2013.
- Congratulations to Dr. Jiaqing Luo, who was recently promoted to associate professor in the School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu China, June 2013.