Dr. Jiaxing Shen is currently a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Computing (COMP), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU). He received B.E. of Software Engineering in 2014 and Ph.D. of Computer Science in 2019 from Jilin University and PolyU respectively. From 2014 to 2019, he studied in Internet Mobile Computing Lab (IMCL) led by Prof. Jiannong Cao in COMP, PolyU. From 2017 to 2018, he was a visiting Ph.D. in Human Dynamics Lab led by Prof. Alex 'Sandy' Pentland in Media Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. His research interests include Data Mining, Mobile Computing, Internet of Things, and Social Computing. Currently, he is focusing on 1) Mobile sensing and context sensing; 2) User modeling and crowd analytics.
- "User Profiling based on Nonlinguistic Audio Data" has been accepted by ICDE 2020 as poster, Aug 2020
- Our work RobuCIR has been awarded INFOCOM 2020 best paper!
- The extension of BaG has been accepted by TMC, May 2020.
- "Learning Analytics based on Multilayer Behavior Fusion", has been accepted by DASFAA, Feb 2020
- "Push the Limit of Acoustic Gesture Recognition" has been accepted by INFOCOM, Dec 2019.
- "Dual Memory Network Model for Sentiment Analysis of Review Text" has been accepted by Knowledge-Based Systems, Aug 2019.
Y Wang, J Shen, and Y Zheng
Push the Limit of Acoustic Gesture Recognition. Accepted by INFOCOM (CCF A, rate: 19.8%), online, 2020 [Best Paper Award].
J Shen, J Cao, and X Liu
BaG: Behavior-aware Group Detection in Crowded Urban Spaces using WiFi Probes. Accepted by WWW (CCF A, rate: 18%) in San Francisco, 2019.
- J Shen, O Lederman, J Cao, F Berg, S Tang, and A Pentland.
GINA: Group Gender Identification Using Privacy-Sensitive Audio Data. Accepted by IEEE ICDM (CCF B, rate: 8.86%) in Singapore, 2018.
- J Shen, J Cao, X Liu, and S Tang
SNOW: Detecting Shopping Groups Using WiFi. Accepted by IEEE Internet of Things Journal (中科院1区), 2018.
- J Shen, J Cao, X Liu, C Zhang
DMAD: Data-Driven Measuring of WiFi Access Point Deployment in Urban Spaces. Accepted by ACM TIST (JCR Q1), 2017.
Teaching Affairs Teaching Assistant (TA)
- Lecturer, COMP1011 Programming Fundamentals, 2020
- TA, COMP1011 Programming Fundamentals, 2015, 2016, and 2017
- TA, COMP451, Final Year Project, 2016
- TA, COMP451, Capstone Project I, 2016
- TA, COMP305 Data Structure and Algorithm, 2014 and 2015
IEEE TMC, ACM CSUR, INFORMS Journal on Computing, ACM TIST, ACM TCPS, IEEE TBD, and PMC
ICDCS 2016, IEEE Percom 2016, MOBIQUITOUS 2016, and IJCAI 2017
- Best Paper Award of IEEE INFOCOM, Jul 2020
- Attachment Programme of PolyU, Oct 2018
- IEEE ICDM Student Travel Grant, Oct 2018
- National Scholarship of China, Aug 2013