The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship
The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship (HKPF) program (http://www.polyu.edu.hk/ro/hkphd-fellowship) is supported by Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong. This program aims to recruit outstanding graduates, irrespective of country of origin and ethnic background, to Hong Kong.
The interested students are welcome to apply for the HKPF program via Department of Computing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Our department was ranked (by QS) among the top 50 computer sciences department worldwide in the past several years, and we provide a good research environment to our students to do world leading research. For the successful applicants of HKPF, we will provide:
1. Monthly stipend of HK$25,000 (approximately US$3,200);
2. Waive the tuition fee (HK$42,000/year) for 3 years;
3. Support to do research exchange in top oversea universities for 6~12 months in your PhD study.
Any senior undergraduate and postgraduate students can apply.
If you have interest and meet the following requirements, please feel free to contact me for application:
1. Academic excellence. For example, your GPA is about 3.7 or higher and you rank the top 3 in your class in a reputable university.
2. High research ability. For example, you have papers published in good journals or conferences.
3. A good TOEFL score (e.g., higher than 95) or IELTS score (e.g., higher than 7).
4. Good communication, interpersonal and leadership abilities.
For outstanding applicants, we will still offer them the regular PhD positions if they are not awarded the HKPF.
The official application deadline is Dec 1 each year, but our department will have internal screening in middle May and middle Dec, respectively. Therefore, if you would like to apply and select me as your chief supervisor, please send your CV to me ASAP at email@example.com.