|Man Lung YIU
Department of Computing
Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Hung Hom, Kowloon
Tel: +852 2766 7246
E-mail: csmlyiu AT comp DOT polyu DOT edu DOT hk
I am an assistant professor at Department
of Computing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
I received the Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering
from the University of Hong Kong in 2002
and the PhD Degree in Computer Science
from the University of Hong Kong in 2006.
Prior to returning to Hong Kong, I have worked at Aalborg University for three years.
I am a member of database research group.
Databases, especially query processing techniques for spatiotemporal data, and privacy of queries and outsourced data
To students who want to join my research group: generally, I do not reply any unsolicited email unless you follow the procedure stated
- Tsz Nam CHAN
- Bo TANG
- Pui Hang LI
- Yu LI
- Jeppe Rishede THOMSEN
- Jianguo WANG (MPhil, graduated in 2013, now PhD candidate at UC San Diego)
- Scalable Retrieval Techniques for Massive High-Dimensional Data (PI, Hong Kong GRF 152201/14E, 2015-2017)
- Automatic Performance Tuning of Spatial Indexes for Dynamic Workloads in Spatial Databases (PI, Hong Kong GRF 5302/12E, 2013-2015)
- Trustworthy Processing of Shortest Path Queries Over Online Road Network Databases (PI, Hong Kong GRF 5333/10E, 2010-2013)
Reviewer for journals
Program committee memberships
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (IEEE TKDE)
- Very Large Data Base Journal (VLDBJ)
- ACM Transactions on Database Systems (ACM TODS)
- Information Systems (Inf. Syst.)
PC Co-Chair of International Workshop on Mobile Data Analytics
Publicity Chair of International Conference on Mobile Data Management
Publication Chair of International ACM Workshop on Data Engineering for Wireless and Mobile Access
Web Chair of International Symposium on Spatial and Temporal Databases
COMP327. Data Structures and Algorithms II: Fall 2014, Fall 2013, Fall 2012, Fall 2011, Fall 2010.
COMP5324. Internet Information Retrieval: Fall 2014.
COMP328. Programming Languages: Theory and Applications: Spring 2014, Spring 2013, Spring 2012, Spring 2011.
COMP433. Information Retrieval: Summer 2013.
COMP305P. Data Structures and Algorithms: Fall 2012, Spring 2012.
COMP5151. Advanced Database Systems: Spring 2010.
COMP306. Software Engineering and User Interfaces: Fall 2009.